Research Scientist Position
CAP-XX is a Sydney-based company that is a world leader in the development of supercapacitor technology with key areas of expertise in marketing, applications, manufacturing and R&D. CAP-XX sells its products globally and is continually developing new products to meet the high power energy storage demands of today’s markets.
CAP-XX is now looking for a Research Scientist to complement its existing R&D team. The specific duties for the position are:
- perform research and manage research projects in the field of energy storage devices, in particular supercapacitors;
- design and carry out laboratory experiments and provide analytical interpretation of the experimental results
- maintain neat, accurate and reproducible records of experimental results;
- write scientific reports;
- conduct literature searches
- interact with industry, government and university collaborators on joint development projects;
- interact with suppliers of materials; and
- maintain a safe working environment.
The position would suite a person with an undergraduate degree in science or engineering with several years’ experience in a commercial R&D laboratory or someone with a research-based postgraduate qualifications. The applicant must be keen to pursue a career as a research scientist in the area of energy storage. The position requires an individual who can take a hands-on role in conducting laboratory based experiments for delivery of project outcomes. The person must be a self-starter who is proficient in experimental design and capable of managing multiple experiments at any one time. Good written and oral communication skills with both internal colleagues and external collaborators is essential. Equally important is someone who is willing to be part of the R&D team and the CAP-XX organisation.
Qualifications and experience required are:
- PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science or Bachelor’s degree in same fields with minimum of 5 years experience in a commercial R&D laboratory
- At least 3 years’ hands-on experience of measuring and modifying the properties of materials
- Highly desirable that the successful candidate has Experience in electrochemistry
- For Candidates with a PhD at least 1 year’s post-doctoral work experience is desirable.
Essential skills for the position are:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Chemical and materials handling
- Ability to use chemical and physical testing equipment
- Ability to design experiments in order to understand underlying mechanisms
- Ability to interpret experimental results in terms of fundamental principles
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
CAP-XX will offer the successful candidate a remuneration package that is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position offers the opportunity to be part of a fast growing Australian technology company.
- opportunity to contribute to the development of a new high-technology Australian industry;
- opportunity to learn how to manage R&D projects for commercial outcomes.
- opportunity to learn about the development, control and use of intellectual property.
- opportunity to belong to a company which is recognised as the global leader in its field;
- opportunity to perform commercially relevant cutting-edge science and engineering R&D;
- opportunity to see your science and engineering incorporated in products for global markets (sales are 100% export);
- opportunity to collaborate with Universities, CSIRO, other research agencies and some of the world’s leading technology companies
- opportunity to receive a market competitive salary and participate in an employee share-option plan;
Applications close on Friday 3rd of December. If you have any questions please email Dr Alex Bilyk firstname.lastname@example.org.