Japanese Speaking Plant Technician
CAP-XX is a world leader in the design and manufacture of thin, flat supercapacitors and energy management systems used in portable and small-scale electronic devices.
The unique feature of CAP-XX supercapacitors is their very high power density and high energy storage capacity in a space-efficient prismatic package. These attributes are essential in power-hungry consumer and industrial electronics and deliver similar benefits in automotive and other transportation applications.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for a Japanese Speaking Technician to join the CAP-XX team.
This position will be responsible for maintenance, process improvement and emergency breakdown repairs on highly automated, key process equipment within various stages of the Supercapacitor manufacturing processing.
Our manufacturing facility is located at Seven Hills, NSW, within a specially designed and built air-conditioned workspace. Ample staff parking is available, and public transport is a short 10min walk away.
The processing machinery used within the facility has a dual language interface (English and Japanese), with the majority it screens, and PLC software written in Japanese. The ability to read and comprehend Japanese is a requirement.
Other requirements of this position are:
- Read & comprehend written Japanese (Essential skill).
- Troubleshooting complex machines
- Equipment Commissioning (mechanical & electrical)
- Be hands-on with strong mechanical skillset (working with tools)
- Using PLC monitoring applications as a troubleshooting tool. Familiarity with Mitsubishi & Omron PLC software considered an advantage.
- Read and interpret mechanical & electrical drawings
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair pneumatic systems (preference with SMC pneumatics), vison systems (Keyence branded)
- Use Visual Basic.Net (VB 2008) coding as a trouble shooting tool. Additional experience in Java, C or other programming software considered an advantage
- Understand and troubleshoot robotic equipment (IAI single axis robots)
Previous experience in manufacturing (pharmaceutical, electronics, food etc) would also be considered an advantage.
Current operations are Monday – Friday, however afternoon and evening shifts will be required as production continues to ramp up. Saturday shifts may also be required.
This position will offer:
- Above award wage rate
- Solid job security with a long-term employer
You will be required to undertake and pass a drug and alcohol test, along with a Pre-employment medical assessment (Located in Chatswood NSW). All interviews will take place at our Seven Hills Manufacturing Facility.